Examples of the type of projects completed or available in the coming year include:
- Write and produce a play about the three black women buried in the Cathedral graveyard (2015-16)
- Develop protocols for and conduct oral history interviews with former black members of the Cathedral; video and edit interviews for presentation
- Design graphic elements, marketing materials, update the website, brochures, etc.
- Assist the Museum/Exhibition Hall Design Team in developing the concept for the permanent exhibit and in establishing the scope of work for the renovations and decor for Synod Hall
- Assist the Traveling Exhibit Team in creating the concept, storyline and panels for the traveling exhibit
- Coordinate presentations and facilitate conversations
- Manage social media: FaceBook, Twitter, emails, etc.
Interns also get to join in the routine governance and administrative work of the CFR, learning about the nuts and bolts of how a nonprofit operates and especially how a new initiative grows, overcomes challenges, flexes to incorporate new people, projects and ideas, etc.
Costs for this program include:
- Staff oversight, management and training of interns
- Equipment, software and materials needed to do their work
- Office space, office supplies, photocopier, etc. (donated by the Diocese of RI)